CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

25. Write a novel from start to finish.

So here's where I jump around and do the happy dance! Technically, this was a book I had started a few years ago, but after taking a few writing classes, I basically ended up rewriting the whole thing. I finished it last night, coming in at 97k words, which is on the high end for romance, but not terrible. Now, I am on a mandatory 2 week break from even peeking at it, and then revisions begin. Then I can pass it on to my writing group for critiques, and then maybe possibly start shopping around for an agent.

I'm not convinced this book will sell, but it's been a great learning experience, and I am already beginning to map out my next project. I am so excited, and also terrified at the prospect of having actual people other than me start to read it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy Rachel!! That is so awesome! You deserve to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete