CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

7. Take Liam hiking.

This morning, I brought Liam hiking at Umstead State Park. It is a wonderful state park right here in the middle of the Triangle that Bill, Lacy and I used to hike at all the time before Liam came along. We chose an easy, 1.4 mile loop and set off.

Liam really enjoyed that our trail led alongside a stream!




We saw a hawk, some squirrels, and several of these millipedes:

Liam did great, and enjoyed looking at various leaves and pine cones that had fallen along the trail. There was a slight miscommunication where he thought we were hiking to a playground, and he was disappointed when he realized that was not the case, but he enjoyed himself anyway. He got tired about 2/3rds through, and I carried him for a little while.


Snack time at the lookout deck



This was a lot of fun, and I hope we can do it again soon. I have so many wonderful memories of hiking with my dad and sister when I was growing up, and I hope to create some of the same memories for Liam. I wish I could have brought Lacy with us today, it felt wrong hiking without her, but I didn't think I could handle the two of them by myself. Maybe next time, we'll go on a weekend so that Bill and Lacy can come along too!

No comments:

Post a Comment