CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 9, 2012

Wrap Up

So, I ended up completing only 58 of the 101 items on my list. I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed with that. I figured I wouldn't finish all 101, but I hoped to get a little closer than 58. Anyway, we were really busy this Spring, and I neglected all my blogging, unfortunately right at the end of this challenge. So, I'm thinking about starting a new 101 challenge, and trying to top my measly 58! :)

I wanted to point out a few of my favorites, or things that we implemented that really stuck:

1. Start using our cloth grocery bags.
I'm really proud that we are still using them. We've saved money with them, and eliminated so many plastic bags from our lives. Love these, my only regret is that it took us so long to get started using them!

25. Write a novel from start to finish.
I cheated a little when I crossed this off, because I'd just finished the book I'd been working on for years. But, I did write a new book from start to finish at the beginning of the year, in 2.5 months, and I'm pretty proud of that!

93. Foster an animal in need.
This had been in the back of my mind as something I'd like to do, but I didn't imagine us becoming foster parents while Liam was still so young. We've had 4 foster dogs so far (Moose, Murphy, Mojo, and Justice) and it has without a doubt been one of the most meaningful and rewarding things I've ever done in my life. Our last foster especially, Justice, was our first dog straight from the shelter, and watching him blossom with us was amazing. We fell in love and very nearly kept him, but it does make me happy to know he is now happy and well loved in his new home.


And then, there were a few things I was really disappointed I didn't get to cross off, so I think I'm going to give the 101 list another try, and see if I can do better this time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment