CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

58. Become a better coupon shopper, especially grocery shopping.

I am crossing this one off the list, but I am challenging myself to keep this up! I was inspired by a few girls on one of the message boards I visit, so I subscribed to the Sunday paper and started a coupon binder:


I've got everything organized, and we've already saved quite a bit using the coupons I've saved. Today I got my first taste of "triple coupons" at Harris Teeter. They run this special every so often and will triple any manufacturer coupon up to $.99. I hear amazing tales of how much people save and all the things they get for free.

Well, I am only 2 weeks into coupon saving, so I only found 6 items I wanted to buy, but I got them for $4.50 and saved $15.29 with my coupons! I got a container of Band-Aids, shaving cream, Crest toothpaste, a toothbrush, Skippy peanut butter and a box of Uncrustables (which will be great on-the-go lunches for Liam) for $4.50. Not bad, right?


Triples coupons run through next week, so I'm going to go back again on Monday after the Sunday paper comes! :) I'll post an update if I get any more good loot. Now, if only I had remembered to bring in my reusable grocery bag to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment