CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

8. Cooking Challenge - Week 4 (4/12)



This week I cooked a pot roast in the crockpot. We've made this recipe before, but it came out especially yummy this time - we splurged on a roast from Whole Foods (the cheapest one they had, it was not much more than the ones at the regular store, and I'm super picky about the meat Liam eats, especially beef), and I think it made a real difference.


Liam approved! He cleaned his plate and even had seconds of carrots and potatoes. (check the bottom left of the photo for the lurker waiting for him to drop something LOL, she cracks me up)

1 Beef Roast
1 package dried brown gravy mix
1 package dried Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 package dried Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 cup beef broth

1. Place beef roast in crockpot
2. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over roast.
3. Pour the broth around the roast
4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

I also added some potatoes and carrots to the crockpot so that I would have a one pot meal. It's a really easy recipe, and comes out so flavorful!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, sounds good. I love that you are posting your recipes. I am always looking for something new and easy to try.

    ReplyDelete